More on the Continuing Resolution January 22, 2007Posted by gordonwatts in politics, science.
The Department of Energy has published a short impact statment on what would happen if the continuing resolution is passed as-is — with no increase in science funding.
- 1 month furlough of all Fermilab employees
- 1 month less in Tevatron operations
- 120 RIF’s from SLAC and universities funding by the DOE (what is an RIF!?).
- Linear Collider research will grind to a halt.
- Loss of technical staff which will be difficult to hire back in the future.
The document put out by the DOE also lists impacts to other prorams (nuclear physics, biological physics, basic energy research, etc.).